Monday, February 7, 2011

Boxing

Boxes big and boxes small.  Inside of boxes aren't we all?

I'm a daughter, a sister, a teacher, a mentor, a Christian, a lover of history, a hater of ignorance.

I'm comfortable in my box.  It's safe.  It's secure.  Sure theres tape holding it all in sometimes, but overall I'm sturdy.  Steady.

Sometimes I peak through the top.  Through the tiny holes on the side.  I see other boxes and wonder what it's like on the other side.  But I'm safe so I stay.  I don't open the lid.

But I've recently realized that just because I fit nicely into one box doesn't mean that's all I have to do.  I can open up that lid.  I can try new things.  I'm planning a trip that I'm excited about with people I don't know super well.  But it's good for me.  I'm learning.  But man does it take a lot of time.


Remember to live life the best you can, love the most you can.  Moments are precious, many things can wait... The Sunset Won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is busy, thanks for taking a moment to leave a note!