Monday, December 13, 2010

It's a Ride

Back in May of 2010 I shared my list of personal commandments that I created for myself.  In November I edited that list.  Personal Commandments are commandments I have given myself to help me be the best version of me that I can be.  To live life to the fullest.  To love.  To learn.  To let go. 

So far I've shared more about these commandments:

Next Up: Enjoy the Ride.

Life is crazy.  It's busy.  Fast paced.  Between work, home, church, friendships life gets away from you. It's hard.  But that's what they tell you, right?  They warn you it's not easy.  But they don't warn you that sometimes, you forget to enjoy the moment.  Enjoying the ride goes right along with being in awe (my last commandment).  Taking time to appreciate the things around me.

Sometimes I get so wrapped up in what needs to get done.  What my next step is.  Where I am headed that I forget to enjoy the moment.  To enjoy this crazy ride called life.

Along the way mistakes are made.  Feelings are hurt.  You veer off the path you envisioned for yourself.  But the point is that you enjoy it.  You may have regrets.  Things you didn't do and you wish you had.  But you learn.  You learn and you move on.  You learn and you try to enjoy.  And trying is a whole lot better than not trying.

We only get one seat.  One spin around on the roller coaster of life.  One shot.  One ride.  Enjoy the ride.


Remember to live life the best you can, love the most you can.  Moments are precious, many things can wait... The Sunset Won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is busy, thanks for taking a moment to leave a note!