Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy

Being happy. Those two little words can often be so hard. But sometimes they can be so easy. A fellow blogger posted earlier about some things that happened to her to make her happy. Isn't that what it's all about? Finding the happy in the sad. The good in the bad. Sometimes life can get overwhelming and it feels like you are stuck. But then you look out your window and you see a kid playing ball, or a beautiful bird land on a branch right in front of you, or you hear a song that you used to love. And you stop. And you smile. And in that moment you find your little piece of happy.

The internet can be an amazing tool. There are so many websites, blogs, videos to see that can make us smile. 1000 Awesome Things, It Made My Day, Gives Me Hope are sites that I visit often to get a quick laugh. "Ow! Charlie" is a video on youtube that I have easily seen 50 times and I still smile every time.

Making a list of 101 things that make me happy is on my list of 101 in 1001. So I am going to try to not tackle it all at once, that might be a wee bit overwhelming. Here are my happy things:

1. Coloring with kids. I love how they can see an elaborate house or animal in oftentimes illegible scribbles to adults. Their excitement makes me happy.
2. Making my family laugh. Even if it means making an idiot out of myself or saying something crazy its worth it. Their laughs make me happy.
3. Making playlists/cds for friends. When I can put together new songs for friends, or a playlist for someone going through a breakup, or a study cd, or a birthday cd I have fun. Sharing my love of music with others makes me happy.


As I continue to dive into blogging and finding my voice on my blog I welcome any comments from anyone who may read this. We can only improve if we know what to work on :)

My question to you: How do you find happiness? What makes you happy?

As always 'Remember the Sunset'

4 comments:

  1. Hey!
    First time here, i already love it. I find happiness from with and from God, sometimes just thinking that He exists makes me happy.
    A lot of things make me happy esp spending time with the people i love.
    Welcome to blog land!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia, thanks for stopping by. I agree, sometimes just thinking that He exists makes me happy. Thanks for sharing! I look forward to reading your posts as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... things that make me happy...

    Drinking the milk at the bottom of a bowl of sugary cereal, playing Guitar Hero, finding a great reading corner, flipping the pillow in the middle of the night to get the cold side, being able to turn off my alarm on my days off, cuddling puppies, making jewelery, doodling, baking, taking off in an aeroplane...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo you had some good ones Magpie! Reading corner, pillow flipping and baking are all good ones for me as well. Those just might have to end up on the list somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete

Life is busy, thanks for taking a moment to leave a note!